navbar

Madame Curie on a holiday cruise

This year Madame Curie is going on a holiday cruise. Click here to read all about her new adventures.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Where did they come from?

Since the first of May the sailing season has started. All of a sudden I see loads of charterboats, and the number of private yachts I have seen has increased. So from one day to the next there are collegue sailors in port.
Madame Curie is often the smallest boat in port.
Because the travel guide was very positive about Makarska, I decided to sail there. It was actually a little bit to far, but if I sailed till nine in the evening I should be able to make it. Upon arrival I was sent away by someone on the quay. The harbor was full!!! I could not have imagined this before May 1st. But the sun had already set, and I really wanted to walk the famous boulevard the next morning, so I decided that what the man on the quay was shouting, got lost in translation. Beause there were still some empty places on the quay, I just tried again a little further down. Usually there places are reserved for tourist boats. But you cannot blame me for trying.  But the guy on the quay was also very persitent. He sent me away again. Hmmmmmmm what now. Well simple, just try again. Then the guy came over, and told me he did have a spot for me. I could take berthing near the gas station. But, I would need to leave at 7 o' clock in the morning. By now I was very happy that I could stay, and I would try to extend my stay in the morning. The next morning I was awake long before 7 o' clock. I turned out that I was berthed next to the only fishstall on the boulevard.
Staying till eleven in the morning was no problem what so ever, so I got to walk the boulevard.

No comments:

Post a Comment