navbar

Madame Curie on a holiday cruise

This year Madame Curie is going on a holiday cruise. Click here to read all about her new adventures.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Damaging Madame Curie.

This week I damaged Madame Curie for the first time. Madame Curie had a few scars from cruising in the Mediterrenean, but these were all caused by others, or just because she is being used. But this week I accidentally hit the quay with the bow, and there was absolutely nobody to blame. Arggggggggg. I was really upsad with myself.

I was berthing in Amflochia, and it was rather windy, but not more than windforce 5, so I felt I could berth. I arrived with adequate speed, and there were two French people on the quay to assist me. Just as everybody was handeling the lines, a wave caught the bow, and pushed Madame Curie on the quay. Ouch. Fortunately I have all sorts of paint on board, so I immediately patched her up. From a boat lenght away you can hardly notice.



Argggg bummer!!!

After the paint job.

Can't see a thing! Right?


No comments:

Post a Comment