navbar

Madame Curie on a holiday cruise

This year Madame Curie is going on a holiday cruise. Click here to read all about her new adventures.

Friday, June 24, 2011

Plan B

For quite some time I have been debating (with myself) if I should sail through the channel of Korinthie, or just remain on the western side. Well I have finally decided; I'm staying west. Why? Well after worrying about the Bora winds (mallicious wind from the north) all the time I was sailing in Croatia and Montenegro it has been so relaxed in the Ionian, were there are no such evil winds. Every morning there is almost no wind, around lunchtime it is averaging windforce 3-4, increasing to 5-6 at the end of the afternoon. At night there is no wind again. On the other side of the channel of Kortinthie there is the Meltemi during summer months. An other anoying local mediterrenean wind, averaging 7-8 beaufort. So I'm staying here!!! You can see the updated version of my plan under the tab "planned route".

No comments:

Post a Comment