navbar

Madame Curie on a holiday cruise

This year Madame Curie is going on a holiday cruise. Click here to read all about her new adventures.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Heat

After a short trip to Holland for a family visit, I am back on board. Great. As soon as the airplane opened it's doors, I was surrounded by a blanket of hot air. This was not very promissing, it was only 9 o'clock in the morning. Madame Curie lay in port perfectly, and the sailmaker had repared the genoa during my stay in Holland. The next day I wasn't feeling very well, so I decided to take it easy. Also the fact that there is a heatswave in Greece, makes it necessary to adjust my speed. A couple of days later, despite my precautions I became ill. My temperature was raised to 38,3, the outside temperature was 38, the result was that I was feeling very miserable. I was feeling very sorry for myself. There was no escaping the heat. Two days, I stayed in the cockpit, only moving to stay as cooled as possible. When I am not well abroad, I always feel very sorry for myself. My self pitty grows to a rediculous proportion. But this time, the self pitty was deserved! I could not escape the heat.  

I have fully recoverd, and am enjoying my sabbatical again. The heatwave has passed, this also helps a lot, for my comfort on board.I

No comments:

Post a Comment