navbar

Madame Curie on a holiday cruise

This year Madame Curie is going on a holiday cruise. Click here to read all about her new adventures.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Night life

It has become very clear, I have not fully changed to the Greek (night)lifestyle. During the day I had noticed that the cafe's on the waterfront were very empty, and all the tourists were missing. But, I have solved the mystery!
Last week I was berthed in down town Preveza, so I could observe the Greek night life. Around 21:30 people start to gather around the waterfront. Around 23:00 the first Senegalese sales men start to exhibit their original designer bags (they are really originals?, right). And around midnight, the Greek go for dinner. When I walked passed the restaurants around 00:30, most were still enjoying their starter. Around 01:30 the Senegalese start packing their bags, and somewhere after 03:00, not really sure of the exact time because I fell asleep, the waterfront cafe's  close their doors. I do understand why they are not very alert when I come to drink coffee around 10 in the morning! 

What do they do between 21:30 and midnight? Well, parade along the waterfront. Preferably wearing ridiculous high heels, and very stylefull clothing. No, not Plymouth style. Of course all the shops are still open so if you need something, you can just shop. The pictures below were taken around 23:00 in the shopping street in Lefkas.
Shopping crowd around 23:00.
Also the small children and grandparents are enjoying nightlife.
Have I completely adjusted? Hmm, not really. After parading past al the sailing yachts in port, I am pretty fed up with parading around (even without the ridiculous high heels). But it doesn't really matter, around nine o'clock my tummy indicates it's time to get some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment