navbar

Madame Curie on a holiday cruise

This year Madame Curie is going on a holiday cruise. Click here to read all about her new adventures.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Midterm

Because I was ill on the real midterm of my trip, I changed the midterm to today. Today is the day that my trip is changing. Till now it was relatively easy, holiday feeling, just wandering about, no firm deadlines. Starting from tomorrow, everything will be different. Tomorrow I will start sailing back home. The last couple of weeks I have been thinking about it al lot, but today it became real. The practical side of things needed to be taken care of. Stowing al the gear below decks, securing al my stuff in cabinets. I planned the route to Sicily. Tomorrow I will sail for Sicily. Somewhere around 340 miles, which I hope to complete in just under a week.
Now the long voyages will start, wind on the nose, and long night at sea. Untill today I have covered approximately 1/3 of the distance. 2/3 is still ahead of me. I am a little nerveus, will it be harder than anticipated? Will I be dissapointed? How tired will I be? Tomorrow the real sailing starts.

It's kind of funny, the coming crossing feels very different from the crossing between Montenegro and Corfu. Emotions have a huge impact on my sentiment.
See you in Sicily

No comments:

Post a Comment