navbar

Madame Curie on a holiday cruise

This year Madame Curie is going on a holiday cruise. Click here to read all about her new adventures.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Panic in the restrooms

Since my arrival in Koper, construction workers have been renovating the restroom and shower facilities. They had started with the women's facilities. No problem what so ever, just stick a couple of pieces of paper on the doors and male restooms are now suitable for women. The Marina Staff was not very happy with this situation, but it was temporary, and what can you do? This morning the situation changed...... A little after 8 in the morning, a very reasonable time when you are on sabbatical leave, I walked to the restroom facilities to take a long shower. The constuction workers had taken a head start on breaking down the male facilities, even though the women's facilities were not finished jet!!!
With my hair in the very trendy "out of bed look" I walked over the the Marina Staff to ask were I could take a shower. Then there was panic. The Marina Staff put in every effort to solve the situation as quickly as possible. The construction workers were supposed to wait with the male showers untill the women's showers were finished. They only needed to finish a few small things, mount the doors, heat the water and.... Everything would be ready in 5 minutes the Marina Staff insured me, but the construction workers had to do the job. Looking at the constuction workers and their bodylanguage, I was pretty sure it would take quite some time longer. So I decided to walk back to the Madame Curie, to wait al little and enjoy breakfast in the mean time. The Marina staff was very busy, but the construction workers just continued with their job. Behind the very quickly installed door, and my towel on a piece of clean carpet, specifically put there for my clothes a had a wonderfull shower. During my shower the door to the shower area was kept closed, and all constuction work in the area were stopped. When I walked back to my boat the construction started again in the shower area.

No comments:

Post a Comment