navbar

Madame Curie on a holiday cruise

This year Madame Curie is going on a holiday cruise. Click here to read all about her new adventures.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Being a tourist

Just a short message for all of you that are wondering what I am doing to pass the time while waiting for my important letter. My parents recommend that I visit the Postajnska Caves. These limestone caves extend over al length of about 20 km. When you have to depend on public transportation, planning is of the essence. After an evening behind the internet, I knew exactly what busses and trains to take. The next morning, upon arrival at the Koper Trainstation, no trains were running. Fortunately they had arranged for an alternative bus. To make sure everybody understands which bus to take, the parked the bus right next to the tracks. Chystal clear. I arrived at the next station in time to catch the next train to Postajnska. From the railway station there would be a bus to the caves. Despite my preperations, reality is different when it is still low season. After al long walk to the caves, I joined the heard on the train. And afterwards followed the Azians who were taking photographs of just about everything. 
This "train" was running
Last Tuesday I also made a daytrip to Trieste. In the sun I had the cutest small cappuccino for just 85 eurocents.

No comments:

Post a Comment